Are you a seasoned system administrator charged with setting up an Oracle database? Or did you suddenly become a DBA by default? If database administration with Oracle is part of your job, you’ll be glad to have Oracle 11g For Dummies in your cubicle.
This nuts-and-bolts guide walks you through the mysteries of Oracle and database administration. You’ll learn how to understand Oracle database architecture, set up and manage an Oracle database, and keep it running in tiptop form. Oracle 11g For Dummies covers:
* The building blocks behind the database engine as well as Oracle’s physical and logical structures
* Hardware, software, system, and storage requirements for implementation
* How to recognize and accommodate the differences between Oracle installations on Windows and on Linux/UNIX
* Daily and intermittent tasks necessary to keep your database running properly
* How to assess potential threats to your database, configure Oracle Recovery Manager, and set up backup and recovery procedures
* When to use online, offline, controlfile, and archivelog backups
* Troubleshooting methodology and how to use Oracle database logs and other diagnostic utilities
* Different ways to manage your database
* How to automate jobs with the Oracle Scheduler
* Using SQL in Oracle, and a great deal more
Completely up to date for the newest release of Oracle, Oracle 11g For Dummies will give you both the information and the confidence to set up and maintain an Oracle database for your organization
There are three parts to tuning an Oracle database: data modeling, SQL code tuning and physical database configuration.
A data model contains tables and relationships between tables. Tuning a data model involves normalization and de-normalization. Different approaches are required depending on the application, such as OLTP or a Data Warehouse. Inappropriate database design can make SQL code impossible to tune. Poor data modeling can have a most profound effect on database performance since all SQL code is constructed from the data model.
Poorly written SQL code is often a culprit of performance problems and is expensive to rectify. However, tuning of SQL code is generally cheaper than changing the data model. SQL code tends to be contained inside independent blocks within applications or stored procedures.
Physical database tuning involves hardware resource usage, networking and various other Oracle things such as configuration and file distribution. Physical configuration is often a culprit of poor performance where Oracle is installed with defaults, and never altered by an expert.
*Includes all three aspects of Oracle database tuning: data model tuning, SQL & PL/SQL code tuning, physical plus configuration tuning
*Contains experienced guidance and real-world examples using large datasets *Emphasizes development as opposed to operating system perspective
Convert your Oracle Forms applications to Oracle APEX successfully
* Convert your Oracle Forms Applications to Oracle APEX
* Master the different stages of a successful Oracle Forms to APEX conversion project
* Packed with screenshots and clear explanations to facilitate learning
* A step-by-step tutorial providing a proper understanding of Oracle conversion concepts
In Detail Although Oracle Forms remains popular, many developers now see Oracle APEX as a preferred technology. Oracle Forms to Oracle APEX conversion projects follow a well-defined procedure, but sub-procedures and complexities can arise that make such conversion projects a challenging job.
This book will take you through a real Oracle Forms to APEX conversion project. It explains all the elements of the conversion, from generating XML files to the deployment of a working APEX application. By the end of this book, you will have mastered the process of Forms conversion.
The book starts with the details of the Forms project, and prepares you for the conversion process. You will use the rwconverter and Reports Builder in Oracle Developer Suite to generate XML and other useful files. You will plan and define the business logic for your conversion project. You will use the Forms Converter in Oracle APEX to convert and customize your Oracle Forms applications. Finally, you will deploy your application.
With this book you will understand what a Forms Conversion project in Oracle APEX means, what needs to be done, and what steps are necessary in order to create a fully functional and meaningful conversion project. This book shows the best way to convert applications from Forms to APEX.
Oracle Application Server 10g: J2EE Deployment and Administration focuses on the latest version of Oracle’s fully J2EE-certified application server (previously called Oracle9iAS). Oracle Corp. is aggressively attacking this market with a new lost-cost version of the server, as well as a program to move BEA customers onto Oracle free of charge. Adoption interest is growing rapidly amidst favorable reports regarding performance and reliability.
Deploying and configuring J2EE applications are some of the trickiest processes in J2EE development, and they unfortunately receive scant attention in general J2EE texts. This book is a focused, no-frills guide to getting J2EE applications up and running on 10g. It covers Oracle’s J2EE container, OC4J (available free of charge for development purposes), in full detail. It moves on to explain how to best configure and use the various enterprise-level features that come with the commercial editions. This is the book for anyone wanting to stay ahead in the world of Oracle’s application servers.
Oracle Unleashed, Second Edition is broken into several parts to help readers find the information they need.
* This second edition covers the new object-oriented architecture of Oracle8, Oracle’s component assembly product, and how to utilize J/SQL to build Client, Application Server, and Data Cartridges.
* The most comprehensive manual written to be used with Oracle
* Each chapter covers a single issue of extreme importance to experienced Oracle programmers and administrators.
Secrets of the Oracle Database is the definitive guide to undcidocumented and partially dcidocumented features of the Oracle database server. Covering useful but little–known features from Oracle9i Database through Oracle Database 11g, this book will improve your efficiency as an Oracle database administrator or developer. Norbert Debes shines the light of day on features that help you master more difficult administrative, tuning, and troubleshooting tasks than you ever thought possible.
Finally, in one place, you have at your fingertips knowledge that previously had to be acquired through years of experience and word of mouth through knowing the right people. What Norbert writes is accurate, well–tested, well–illustrated by clear examples, and sure to improve your ability to make an impact in your day–to–day work with Oracle.
What you’ll learn
* Take advantage of Oracle’s built–in Perl DBI distribution to write applications for monitoring, benchmarking, data extraction, and more.
* Interpret the undcidocumented, extended trace file format to pinpoint performance problems that TKPROF reports overlook and obscure.
* Get the most out of Statspack by using undcidocumented report formatting options, accessing its scarcely–dcidocumented repository, and integrating with SQL Trace.
* Take control of your instance through the ill–dcidocumented ORADEBUG command, enabling you to control processes, trace SQL statements, dump process state, monitor wait events and the call stack, and much more.
* Leverage undcidocumented features in Oracle’s built–in scheduler to better automate your workload.
* Take full advantage of Transparent Application Failover and Cluster Database Services in a Real Application Cluster environment.
Design Feature-Rich PL/SQL Applications
Deliver dynamic, client/server PL/SQL applications with expert guidance from an Oracle programming professional. With full coverage of the latest features and tools, Oracle Database 11g PL/SQL Programming lays out each topic alongside detailed explanations, cut-and-paste syntax examples, and real-world case studies. Access and modify database information, construct powerful PL/SQL statements, execute effective queries, and deploy bulletproof security. You’ll also learn how to implement C, C++, and Java procedures, Web-enable your database, cut development time, and optimize performance.
* Create, debug, and manage Oracle-driven PL/SQL programs
* Use PL/SQL structures, delimiters, operators, variables, and statements
* Identify and eliminate errors using PLSQL_WARNINGS and exception handlers
* Work with functions, procedures, packages, collections, and triggers
* Define and deploy varray, nested table, and associative array data types
* Handle external routines, object types, large objects, and secure files
* Communicate between parallel sessions using DBMS_ALERT and DBMS_PIPE
* Call external procedures through Oracle Net Services and PL/SQL wrappers
* Integrate internal and server-side Java class libraries using Oracle JVM
* Develop robust Web applications using PL/SQL Gateway and Web Toolkit
Get a thorough understanding of Oracle Database 10g from the most comprehensive Oracle database reference on the market, published by Oracle Press. From critical architecture concepts to advanced object-oriented concepts, this powerhouse contains nearly 50 chapters designed to enlighten you. Upgrade from earlier versions, use SQL, SQL Plus, and PL/SQL. Get code examples and access popular dcidocumentation PDFs-plus a full electronic copy of the book on the included CD-ROM. Go beyond the basics and learn security, text searches, external tables, using Java in Oracle, and a great deal more.
This book, written by veteran Oracle database administrator Iggy Fernandez, a regular on the Oracle conference circuit and the editor of NoCOUG Journal, is a manageable introduction to key Oracle database administration topics including planning, installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, and backups, to name just a few. As is clear from the table of contents, this book is not simply a recitation of Oracle Database features such as what you find in the reference guides available for free download on the Oracle web site. For example, the chapter on database monitoring explains how to monitor database availability, database changes, database security, database backups, database growth, database workload, database performance, and database capacity.
The chapters of this book are logically organized into four parts that closely track the way your database administration career will naturally evolve. Part 1 gives you necessary background in relational database theory and Oracle Database concepts, Part 2 teaches you how to implement an Oracle database correctly, Part 3 exposes you to the daily routine of a database administrator, and Part 4 introduces you to the fine art of performance tuning. Each chapter has exercises designed to help you apply the lessons of the chapter. Each chapter also includes a list of reference works that contain more information on the topic of the chapter.
In this book, you’ll find information that you won’t find in other books on Oracle Database. Here you’ll discover not only technical information, but also guidance on work practices that are as vital to your success as technical skills. The author’s favorite chapter is “The Big Picture and the Ten Deliverables.” If you take the lessons in that chapter to heart, you can quickly become a much better Oracle database administrator than you ever thought possible.
This exceptional book explains fundamentals in detail, supported by realistic examples, while most other books on the market do not properly cover such basics. If you work with relational databases you need to understand the SQL language. And you will gain full competence to define, access, and manipulate data in an Oracle database, if you do so following this book’s guidance.
This book is fully compliant with the latest version of the ANSI SQL standard, and fully updated for the Oracle 10g database. Furthermore, this book is based on a popular Netherlands college textbook (currently in its third edition). And author Lex de Haan is vastly experienced with the Oracle database, and has twenty-five years of teaching experience. de Haan is also a member of the ANSI/ISO SQL standardization national body.
A Fully Integrated Study System for OCP Exam 1Z0-053.
Prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional Oracle Database 11g: Administration II exam with help from this exclusive Oracle Press guide. In each chapter, you’ll find challenging exercises, practice questions, a two-minute drill, and a chapter summary to highlight what you’ve learned. This authoritative guide will help you pass the test and serve as your essential on-the-job reference. Get complete coverage of all OCP objectives for exam 1Z0-053, including:
* Database structure and Oracle Automatic Storage Management
* Configuring database recoverability
* Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
* Oracle Flashback
* Memory management techniques
* Database tuning advisors
* Disk space and resource management
* Configuring database diagnostics
* Administering the Oracle Scheduler
* Database globalization
Thomas Kyte has a simple philosophy: You can treat Oracle as a black box and shove data inside of it, or you can learn how Oracle works and exploit it as a powerful computing environment. If you choose the latter, you will see there are few information management problems you cannot solve quickly and elegantly. Kyte has selected the most important features and techniques to discuss in Expert One-on-One Oracle, which he teaches in a proof-by-example manner. He discusses available features, implementing software using these features, and avoiding potential pitfalls.
Oracle Application Express is an easy-to-use application development environment built on the Oracle technology stack. There are two aspects of that previous sentence that you may find jarring—that Oracle, a company widely known for its database technology, has an application development environment, and that Oracle, a company thought of as delivering high-end, enterprise-ready technology, has anything that is easy to use.
But, as this book will show, the introductory statement is completely accurate. Oracle Application Express, commonly known as Oracle APEX or simply APEX, does benefit from the long-established enterprise-class robustness that is the hallmark of Oracle technology. The applications you build will be able to support hundreds of users and many terabytes of data, scalability far beyond even the imagination of most other development environments.
And Oracle APEX, with its declarative, wizard-driven methodology, is truly easy to use. In the course of the few hundred pages of this book, you will not only learn about how to use APEX, you will create a usable order entry system. The fast learning curve presented in these pages is a consequence of many years of development and refinement of the APEX product, which began life almost a decade ago within Oracle.
By the end of this volume, you will know enough to create your own applications, as well as having the knowledge and understanding of Oracle APEX and the world of Oracle technology to explore further refinements on your own.
Best of all, you can use APEX with absolutely no cost—either in a hosted environment, as suggested in Chapter 1, or with a free version of the Oracle database.
Welcome to the world of Oracle Application Express!
The first part of Special Edition Using Oracle 11i introduces the Oracle ERP applications and R11i concepts. The reader is then educated on proven techniques for implementing these complex and integrated systems. Configuration and usage of each of the financial, distribution, manufacturing, HRMS, and projects applications are covered, followed by a discussion of working with Oracle Support, consulting firms, and compatible software vendors. The appendixes review the employment market, consulting opportunities, and provide the reader with an implementation checklist. All of R11i’s new features are covered in-depth and in practical terms. Not only will readers understand Oracle’s new capabilities, they will be able to apply them right away.
تحميل:[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذا الرابط]
- قم بالضغط هنا لمعرفة المزيد عن كيفية التحميل من موقع hotfile.com
- قم بالضغط هنا لتنزيل المزيد من الكتب المتعلقة بOracle
يوجد المزيد من المزيد من الكتب في مختلف مجالات الحاسب في المدونة التالية:[ندعوك للتسجيل في المنتدى أو التعريف بنفسك لمعاينة هذا الرابط]
أو يمكن الوصول مباشرة للكتب المتعلقة باحد فروع الحاسب من خلال احد الاقسام التالية:
Oracle / SQL / For Dummies / Harry Potter Novels / Access / Excel / Microsoft Office Books / Outlook / PowerPoint / Word / Photoshop CS2 / Photoshop CS3 / Photoshop CS4 / C# / C++ / Java / Visual Basic .Net / Star Wars Audio Books / Star Wars Comics / Star Wars Novels / The New York Times Bestsellers Books / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP